India's silent war on unborn girls in the womb

Having seen her case thrown out for lack of evidence in September after a preliminary hearing, Dr. Mitu Khurana, now 39 and a hospital administrator in New Delhi, talked with LifeSiteNews Friday about her appeal to a higher court to consider her charge against her husband, Dr. Kemal Khurana.

She claims that he arranged for an illegal ultrasound to discover the gender of her unborn children a decade ago, an act prohibited by 1994 legislation. The prohibition is so widely flouted that, according to UNICEF 7,000 girls were aborted each day in India up to 2005.

"I am doing this so that my daughters grow up in a world where they do not have to face the violence that I faced," Dr. Khurana told LifeSiteNews. "I have been blessed by God with supportive parents who I now live with. But many parents just tell their daughters to stay with their husbands' families and make the best of it. So I do this for social change."

Read the full story here. 

Comments